Pregnancy is not an easy task at all, it's a hard work emotionally and physically, and to be able to go through it women need to eat nutritious food, So what should women eat during pregnancy?
- Protein: (75 to 100 gram per day)
2-3 servings of meat (1 serving approximately 3 ounces)
2-3 servings of legumes (1 serving approximately 1/2 cup)
- Calcium: (1000 mg per day during pregnancy) 3-4 servings of Dairy
- Iron ( 27 mg per day):
2-3 servings of green leafy vegetables
3 servings of whole grains
2-3 servings of lean protein
- Folate / Folic Acid: (0.6 - 0.8 mg per day)
2 servings of dark green leafy vegetable
3 servings of whole grain
2-3 servings of fruit
2 servings of legumes
- Vitamin C: ( 0.6 - 0.8 mg per day)
- Food Poisoning Illness:
1. Listeria: It's a harmful bacterium that can be found in refrigerated ready - to - eat foods(meat, poultry, seafood and unpasteurized milk, milk products and foods made with unpasteurized milk) and soil.
2. Methylmercury: It's a metal that can be found in certain fish, including swordfish, tilefish, king mackerel and shark. Eating these fish can be harmful to your unborn baby.
3. Toxoplasma: It's a parasite found in raw and undercooked meat: unwashed fruits and vegetables, water, dust, soil, dirty cat litter coxes and outdoor places where cat feces can be found. it can cause illness called toxoplasmosis, which can be found particularly harmful to you and your baby.
- How to prevent Food Poisoning Illness:
I hope you found this post helpful, please share it so the that it will reach as many pregnant women as possible.